Monday, July 8, 2013

To DC

Mostly a travel day today, between Gettysburg and Washington, DC.  Stopped in Frederick, MD to see the National Museum of Civil War Medicine.  Do you see a pattern here?  Many of the ranger-led discussions I chose in Gettysburg and a few special presentations at the reenactment site were regarding Civil War medicine.  Yes, I could almost give a lecture myself by now.  This museum was very well done, with interactive exhibits and lots of instruments from the period.

The campground in the DC area is very large, and has transportation from the campground to the Metro station.  So I will not have to unhook and drive WindDancer daily to get to where I need to be.  There was even an orientation session at the campground to acquaint us with the finer points of traveling the Metro.  I have a long list of things I want to see here, so in a day or so I should be a pro at jumping on and off the subways.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment